Medicare Beneficiary Alert
Medicare Beneficiary Alert: Protect Access to Hip & Knee Replacement Surgery
- Medicare is considering deep cuts in payments to orthopedic surgeons who perform hip and knee replacement surgery in 2014.
- If Medicare slashes what it pays doctors, fewer doctors will participate in Medicare and you will have to wait longer for care.
- The Medicare agency plans to announce their decision in November, leaving no time for physicians to respond to this change.
- Worse yet, all debate on hip and knee replacement surgery rates for 2014 have been in secret.
- Medicare should not cut rates for hip and knee replacement surgery without giving doctors and their patients a full explanation, and without a fair comment opportunity.
Please Ask Your Senators and Representative to Help – Here’s How
If you want to protect Medicare patient access to hip and knee replacement surgery, and if you agree that Medicare should not cut payments for these important procedures without public input, let your elected officials hear from you!
You can reach your lawmakers through the following links.
There is only a little time left to influence this policy, so please help today. If you have questions, please ask your doctor for more information.